Web hosting companies typically offer a range of features and services to meet the needs of website owners. Here are some common features you can expect to find:
1. Disk Space: The amount of storage space provided for your website files, databases, emails, and other data.
2. Bandwidth: The amount of data that can be transferred between your website and its visitors. It affects the speed and responsiveness of your site.
3. Domain Registration: Some hosting companies offer domain registration services, allowing you to purchase and manage your website’s domain name.
4. Email Accounts: The ability to create and manage email accounts associated with your domain (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. Website Builder: Many hosts provide website builders or content management systems (CMS) to help you create and manage your website without coding knowledge.
6. SSL/TLS Certificates: Secure Socket Layer/Transport Layer Security certificates encrypt the data transmitted between your website and visitors, enhancing security and trust.
7. Database Support: Hosting plans often include support for databases, such as MySQL or PostgreSQL, which are commonly used for managing dynamic website content.
8. FTP/SFTP Access: File Transfer Protocol (FTP) or Secure FTP (SFTP) allows you to upload and manage your website files using a dedicated client.
9. Backup Services: Regular backups of your website’s files and databases to protect against data loss.
10. Security Features: Hosting companies may offer various security measures, such as firewalls, malware scanning, DDoS protection, and secure data centers.
11. Content Delivery Network (CDN): Some hosts integrate with CDNs, which store cached versions of your website on servers worldwide, improving performance and reducing latency for visitors from different geographic locations.
12. Scalability: The ability to easily upgrade or downgrade your hosting plan as your website’s needs change.
13. Website Statistics: Access to web analytics tools that provide insights into your website’s traffic, visitor demographics, and other metrics.
14. Customer Support: Support options such as live chat, email, or phone assistance to help you resolve technical issues or answer questions.
These are just some of the common features offered by web hosting companies. The specific features and their availability may vary depending on the hosting provider and the hosting plan you choose. Also checking their support is a major factor that has to be considered since some may offer bad support.