If you’ve ever had a product idea and wanted to know how to get it off the ground, this guide is for you. Building a million-user app may seem like an impossible task, but that’s only because most people have never attempted it before.
This post will show you how to start on the road towards building an app that millions of people use every day by breaking down each step into manageable chunks: from finding your market to launching on Product Hunt and beyond.
Get a patent
- Get a patent. You need to protect your idea from copycats, and there’s no better way than getting a patent before building or launching. You can get one online for free by filling out an application at the USPTO website. It takes about 6 months to process, so don’t wait until the end of your development cycle!
Find a market
So, you want to build a million-user company. But how do you find your market?
To start, focus on finding a market that is underserved and/or neglected by other players in the space. This could mean looking at industries that are growing quickly and finding ways to solve their problems with technology–like Uber did for taxis or Airbnb did for hotels. It could also mean looking at existing services in an industry where there are many competitors but none of them offer exactly what your company does (like Slack or Trello).
It’s important not only for your product but also for its users that this underserved/neglected opportunity exists; if no one cares about it, then neither will they care about what you have built! To ensure this isn’t the case, ask yourself: How can I make my target audience care about my solution? Do I have any personal experience working with these people (or similar ones)? If so, how would having access to this service help change their lives?
Build an MVP
An MVP is a Minimum Viable Product, or the smallest thing you can build to test your idea and get feedback from users.
- It’s much easier to change direction when you have built something small and concrete.
- You’ll be able to get feedback from real users about what they like and don’t like about your product before investing too much time and money into it.
Launch on Product Hunt
Product Hunt is a community of early adopters who are interested in new products. It’s a great place to find people who will be interested in your product, and it can help you get feedback on what people think about your product before you launch it.
It’s also an excellent way to get feedback on your MVP before launch; if there aren’t enough votes for your project, then maybe there aren’t enough users who want or need this kind of thing right now!
Get feedback from customers and use it to improve your product
Feedback is a crucial part of the product development process. It allows you to make changes based on what your customers want and need, which can lead to improved sales, higher retention rates and stronger relationships with users.
It’s important that you get feedback from customers as often as possible so that you can use it for continuous improvement purposes. This means listening closely when people give their opinions about your product or service–even if they don’t have anything positive to say! If someone’s unhappy with something about your business model or even just a single feature within it, then there’s probably something wrong with either the way it works or how accessible it is (or both).
Use these steps to build the right product for your audience
- Use these steps to build the right product for your audience
- Product Hunt is a great way to get feedback from customers
- Get a patent before you launch
- Find a market before you start building a product
- Launch on Product Hunt and use feedback to improve your product
We hope that you’re inspired to take on this journey. If you follow the tips we’ve outlined above, we believe there’s no reason why your startup can’t reach a million users!