In Zimbabwe, there is a high unemployment rate and many people are searching for business ideas to start an income stream. Zimbabwe has a large population that’s looking for employment so you have the opportunity to start your own business with little competition. If you’re interested in starting a new business in Zimbabwe, here are some ideas:
1. Mango Production
Mango production is a viable business venture to consider. It requires little start-up capital and is relatively easy to manage, making it an attractive option for those looking for self employment opportunities in Zimbabwe.
Mango trees can be planted anywhere with favorable conditions, but they are best suited to areas with warm temperatures and high rainfall levels. The most common species grown in Zimbabwe are Haden, Kent and Tommy Atkins varieties because they produce large fruits that are sweet when ripe (Zimbabwe Mango Growers Association).
The requirements for starting a mango production business include:
- Land with good drainage and sunlight exposure;
- A strong knowledge of agricultural practices;
- Accessible markets where you can sell your products
Catering is a good business idea because it’s relatively easy to set up and operate. There are few barriers to entry, and you can make a decent living from catering if you have the right skills.
Catering has several benefits:
- You have control over your schedule (you don’t have to work at someone else’s convenience).
- You can choose what type of food you serve or how much time you spend working each day.
- Catering is flexible enough that it can fit into any lifestyle–from full-time employees who want extra income on the side, to retirees looking for something active with which they can fill their days. However, there are also some challenges associated with this kind of work:
3. Food vending
- You can sell food at a local market.
- You can sell food at a school or university.
- You can sell food at a sports event.
- You can sell food at a festival, like the Harare International Festival of Arts (HIFA), Zimbabwe International Trade Fair (ZITF) and Africa Travel Market (ATM).
- You may also want to consider vending your wares during special events like weddings and funerals, where there is high demand for snacks like chips or hotdogs as people wait in long queues before entering buildings or stand around waiting for proceedings to begin!
4. Mobile phone repairs and sales
Mobile phone repairs and sales is a great business to start if you are interested in the mobile phone market. The sector is growing, with more people buying new phones every year. As such, there will always be a need for someone who can fix these devices when they break down or stop working correctly.
There are several ways that you can go about setting up this kind of business:
- If you have some technical knowledge and/or experience repairing phones yourself, then you can start by fixing other people’s broken devices as they come into your shop (or even at home). You could also offer repair services over the internet where customers send their phones in for repair through e-commerce websites like eBay or Gumtree before sending them back when they’re done! This might be an option if there aren’t any shops nearby where someone might need their phone fixed quickly without having to wait around all day long while it gets done by someone else who doesn’t specialize in repairing electronics like yourself does!
- Another option would involve purchasing second hand parts from other countries such as China where prices tend towards being cheaper than those found locally here in Zimbabwe due largely because labor costs associated with manufacturing goods overseas tend towards being lower than what we pay locally here within our own borders.”
5. Photography and videography services
Photography is a creative business that can be done from home, and it’s an industry that is growing rapidly. You’ll need a camera, computer and internet connection to start your photography business. You also need an artistic eye for taking pictures and marketing skills to promote your services.
6. Wedding planner service
Wedding planner services are a great option for people who want to start a business that’s easy to manage and offers flexible working hours. If you’re good at planning events and have experience in the wedding industry, this could be an excellent way to earn some extra cash on the side!
The wedding planner market is growing rapidly in Zimbabwe, so there’s plenty of opportunity out there if you’re willing to put in some hard work. Your main task will be building up your client base – which means networking with other vendors like photographers and caterers as well as potential clients through social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram (you can also advertise via Google AdWords). Once you’ve built up enough demand for your services among the right demographic groups through these channels, all that remains is finding ways of converting those leads into actual sales by offering discounts on packages for early bookings etcetera – but don’t worry too much about this part yet because it’ll come naturally once people start asking questions about how much it costs before committing themselves wholeheartedly!
7. Tutoring and test prep services
Tutoring and test prep services are a great business idea in Zimbabwe. This is because students need help with their studies, but they don’t always have the time or money to hire a private tutor. If you can provide this service at an affordable rate, you’ll be able to make some good money from it!
Before you start offering your tutoring services, however, there are some things that should be considered:
- What will I charge for my services? How much do tutors in my area charge? What kind of reputation do they have among parents and students? How many hours per week am I willing to commit myself to working (and what does this mean for my personal life)? All these questions should be answered before moving forward with starting your own test prep company in Zimbabwe!
Zimbabwe has a high unemployment rate so many people are searching for business ideas to start an income stream.
Zimbabwe has a high unemployment rate, so many people are searching for business ideas to start an income stream.
Zimbabwe is a great place to start a business because there are many opportunities in Zimbabwe and you can start a business online or offline.
I hope this article has helped you get some ideas for starting your own self-employment business in Zimbabwe. Remember that it’s important to choose a niche that you’re passionate about and can see yourself doing long-term, because if your heart isn’t in it then neither will be your customers!