Strength training exercises are designed to increase muscle strength, endurance, and size. Here are some examples of strength training exercises:
1. Squats: Squats are a lower body exercise that target the glutes, quads, and hamstrings. To perform a squat, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, squat down as if you’re sitting in a chair, and then stand back up.
2. Deadlifts: Deadlifts are a total body exercise that target the back, glutes, hamstrings, and quads. To perform a deadlift, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, hinge at the hips, and lower the weights down your legs, keeping your back straight. Then, stand back up by driving through your heels.
3. Bench Press: The bench press is an upper body exercise that targets the chest, shoulders, and triceps. To perform a bench press, lie on a bench with your feet on the ground and grip the bar with your hands shoulder-width apart. Lower the bar to your chest, and then push it back up.
4. Pull-Ups: Pull-ups are an upper body exercise that targets the back, biceps, and shoulders. To perform a pull-up, grip a pull-up bar with your palms facing away from you, and then pull yourself up until your chin is above the bar.
5. Lunges: Lunges are a lower body exercise that target the glutes, quads, and hamstrings. To perform a lunge, step forward with one foot and lower your body until your front knee is bent at a 90-degree angle, and then step back up.
6. Overhead Press: The overhead press is an upper body exercise that targets the shoulders and triceps. To perform an overhead press, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, grip the bar with your hands shoulder-width apart, and then press the bar overhead.
7. Planks: Planks are a core exercise that target the abs, back, and shoulders. To perform a plank, start in a push-up position and then lower your forearms to the ground. Hold the position for as long as you can.
These are just a few examples of strength training exercises. Work with a trainer or fitness professional to develop a strength training program that is tailored to your specific needs and goals.