Here are the steps to temporarily disable your Instagram account:
1. Open Instagram on your mobile device or go to instagram.com on your web browser.
2. Log in to your account.
3. Tap on your profile picture located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. Click on the three horizontal lines on the top right corner of the screen.
5. Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
6. Click on “Account.”
7. Scroll down and select “Temporarily Disable Your Account.”
8. Choose a reason for why you are disabling your account.
9. Enter your password when prompted.
10. Click on “Temporarily Disable Account.”
By disabling your account, your profile, photos, comments, and likes will be hidden until you reactivate your account by logging back in. To reactivate your account, simply log in using your username and password.